The Deadline to Re-enroll for This Project Year is December 31, 2022.
4-H Online is OPEN for Reenrollment.
If you run into any issues or have questions, please feel free to contact the 4-H Office for assistance.
2022 4-H HOLIDAY WREATH SALE
The Sussex County 4-H Foundation is pleased to announce the 2022 Holiday Wreath Sale
- Orders must be returned by Friday, November 11th. They can be emailed to Dave or Tanya.
- All orders will be FINAL. NO additional wreaths may be added once your order is placed.
- Wreath pick-up will be Saturday, November 19th at the Sussex County Fairgrounds—parking lot at the Administration Building from 9:30 am to 11 am.
- Assign one individual to pick up the club’s order. Have your full payment ready to be turned in by check. One check for the full amount, made out to the Sussex County 4-H Foundation for each club is preferred.
- Clubs will receive their bonus check from the Foundation at the time of wreath pick up. Your club will receive $1.00 for each 12-inch wreath sold and $5.00 for each 3-foot wreath sold.
- Supplies (cones, wires, and ribbons) will be provided for all decorated wreaths ordered. These will have to be divided among those decorating wreaths for their customers.
For those new to the Wreath Sale, decorated means you receive supplies for decorating the wreaths your customers ordered
- The cost of the wreaths will be:
12-in Plain $18.00
12-in Decorated $20.00
3-ft Plain $70.00
3-ft Decorated $75.00
Wreath Sales materials are available for download at, sussex4h.org/forms
It’s a Red, White & Blue Christmas!
The Newton Holiday Parade will be held on Saturday, November 26th, and we’re inviting Santa, Uncle Sam, and YOU to celebrate a red, white, and blue Christmas! Here’s how you can get involved:
- Become a parade sponsor! Sponsors receive recognition before, during, and after the parade, beginning at only $100! See the sponsorship packages here and send your commitment by November 1st.
- Showcase your group or business in the parade! We welcome participation in a number of ways — your team could walk in the parade, or drive a branded vehicle, or prepare a float in this year’s theme to showcase your creative talents! There is no cost to participate and it’s a lot of fun! Find the participant application here and return it by November 10th.
- Do you own a convertible car? We’d love to have you drive one of our pageant winners or other dignitaries along the parade route! Let us know if you can!
- Volunteer! We need a few helping hands on the day of the parade to help organize the marching groups and more. Let us know if you’re able to assist!
November PhotoCorps: “Fast and Slow”
The NJ 4-H PhotoCorps is open to youth in grades 4-13. This month’s PhotoCorps theme is “Fast and Slow”. In one photo image, you can capture the movements around you, be they fast or slow. What a special ability you have! You are the master of the “Fast and Slow” we see! You can download directions for joining PhotoCorps. Entries for this theme are open from the beginning to end of the month.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NATIONAL 4-H CONFERENCE SET FOR APRIL 2023
TThe 2023 National 4-H Conference will be held April 14 – April 19, 2023 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City. This conference brings together youth and adults to help with strategic planning for the 4- H program nationally. Potential delegates must be in grades 10-12 as of September 2022 and between 15 and 19 years old (as of January 1, 2023). NOTE: For this year we will accept youth in grade 13 who will be no more than 19 years old as of January 1, 2023. New Jersey sends six (6) 4-H members to this conference
Interested 4-H members must complete an application form available from the county 4-H office or online at http://nj4h.rutgers.edu/leadership/nat4hconference/.
All applications are due to the county 4-H office by December 5, 2022.
Group and individual interviews will be held on Saturday, January 7, 2023, in Martin Hall of the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences located at 88 Lipman Drive on the Cook Campus in New Brunswick.
Bridge to 4-H Virtual Programs for Youth
For youth in grades 6 & up. “Bridge to 4-H” began two years ago as a way for youth to continue to get a 4-H experience during the pandemic lockdown, and grew into a special community of youth in grades 6 & up looking for leadership, healthy living, and life skills programming. Join for one hour a month of interactive Zoom lessons and games! This year’s topics include Environmental Science as well as Biological Science, leadership, arts, games and more! Meetings are 7-8 PM, virtually on the following dates: Nov 10, 2022; Dec 15, 2022; Jan 19, 2023; Feb 16, 2023
More dates tentatively will be scheduled. For more details contact Laura at email@example.com.
Register here: https://go.rutgers.edu/ins94rbb
All NJ 4-H Cooking Clubs are invited to participate in the 5th Annual Cup Cake Wars
Saturday, December 3, 2022
11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
4-H Center, 310 Milltown Road, Bridgewater, NJ
There will be teams of 3 youth. Individuals are welcome to register and we will match you with a team. Space is limited to the 1st 12 teams to register.
See the flyer for details and to register for Junior or Senior divisions.
New Jersey 4-H Horse Program Updates
State Horse Program Assessment: Share your thoughts about the NJ 4-H State Horse Program, here! Please share your thoughts and opinions about the NJ 4-H State Horse Program. We will use the feedback collected to set the plans for the upcoming 4-H year and beyond.
Nominate a NJ4H Horse Project Volunteer to be highlighted in the Quarterly Horse Project newsletter, “Behind the Bit.” Nominate here.
Need to receive a copy of “Behind the Bit”? Contact Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hold the Dates: State 4-H Horse Event Dates for 2022 and 2023
For more information and registration details on any of these events visit https://nj4h.rutgers.edu/horses/
Model Horse Show Clinic: Dec 4, 2022, 12-4 p.m., Register here Horse Bowl: February 25, 2023
Presentations and Equine Art Show: March 18, 2023
Horse Judging and Hippology: April 1 & 2, 2023
State Horse Show: August 18-20, 2023
4H Rabbit & Small Animal Project Members
SAVE THE DATE
Sussex County Rabbit & Small Animal Showmanship & Skillathon will be:
Saturday, May 6, 9 am-12 pm
Sunday, May 7, 4 pm – 7 pm
To be held at the Sussex County Fairgrounds.
More information, including a Signup Genius to register for the event, will be sent closer to the event.
Poetry x Hunger: Poetry Call from Middle and High School Youth
Do you want to help eliminate hunger and poverty through the power of your pen? NJ Arts 4-H is introducing Poetry X Hunger. Join in the Poetry X Hunger project promoted by Expressive Arts 4-H of Rutgers Cooperative Extension. If you would like to learn more about the many forms of poetry you can choose from, contact Ellen Williams, Expressive Arts 4-H Agent at email@example.com.
For more information visit https://nj4h.rutgers.edu/comm/poetryxhunger/
Rhapsody In Color
Information and Programs For Our 4-H Parents and Leaders
Your Annual Rutgers Protection of Minors Training is Due
Leaders, this is a reminder that you must complete your Rutgers Protection of Minors Training annually. This is a requirement before will the office can approve you in the 4-H Online System for the new program year.
Thank you to those that have already completed this requirement for this year.
You may have received an email from the Rutgers Protection of Minors email with the following link: https://pom.ipo.rutgers.edu/.
If not, you can use the link at any time to complete it.
The following are steps to complete this:
1. Click the link. You are taken to the Rutgers Protection of Minors training home page.
2. At the bottom, use the NON-NetID User option to request a PIN login.
2. Once you receive the PIN via email, use the link above again to gain access to the site and enter the training via the PIN Login.
3. Complete the training. There are 4 modules and quizzes you must complete. The last page you will see is:
The process should take less the 30 minutes. Once you get here, you are all done. We will be sent a notice when you complete the training.
If you have any issues please contact the 4-H Office for assistance
– End of Year Paperwork (4-H Club Treasury Annual Review Form, End of Project Year Recognition Certificates and Pins, Project Medal Recommendation Form) is due to the 4-H Office as soon as possible. Member certificates and pins will not be accepted after December 15. If you want it in time for your holiday party, the office needs at least 2 weeks beforehand to complete it.
– Club members should begin working on their record books now so members are not overwhelmed in completing them in May/June. If you would like a staff person or volunteer to come to your meetings to review ‘How to Properly Complete a Record Book’ please let us know.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and add us to your favorites so you do not miss a post.