The Deadline to Re-enroll for This Project Year is December 31, 2022.
4-H Online is OPEN for Reenrollment.
If you run into any issues or have questions, please feel free to contact the 4-H Office for assistance.
2022 4-H HOLIDAY WREATH SALE
The Sussex County 4-H Foundation is pleased to announce the 2022 Holiday Wreath Sale
- Orders must be returned by Friday, November 11th. They can be emailed to Dave or Tanya.
- All orders will be FINAL. NO additional wreaths may be added once your order is placed.
- Wreath pick-up will be Saturday, November 19th at the Sussex County Fairgrounds—parking lot at the Administration Building from 9:30 am to 11 am.
- Assign one individual to pick up the club’s order. Have your full payment ready to be turned in by check. One check for the full amount, made out to the Sussex County 4-H Foundation for each club is preferred.
- Clubs will receive their bonus check from the Foundation at the time of wreath pick up. Your club will receive $1.00 for each 12-inch wreath sold and $5.00 for each 3-foot wreath sold.
- Supplies (cones, wires, and ribbons) will be provided for all decorated wreaths ordered. These will have to be divided among those decorating wreaths for their customers.
For those new to the Wreath Sale, decorated means you receive supplies for decorating the wreaths your customers ordered
- The cost of the wreaths will be:
12-in Plain $18.00
12-in Decorated $20.00
3-ft Plain $70.00
3-ft Decorated $75.00
Wreath Sales materials are available for download at, sussex4h.org/forms
Sussex County Maker Faire
Oct 29, 11:00 AM – Oct 30, 5:00 PM
222 NJ-15, Lafayette, NJ 07848, USA
Maker Faire is a gathering of fascinating, curious people who enjoy learning and who love sharing what they can do. From engineers to artists to scientists to crafters, Maker Faire is a venue for these “makers” to show hobbies, experiments, and projects. We call it the Greatest Show (& Tell) on Earth.
Our NEW 4-H STEM Club members will be tasked with just experiencing and interacting with the various displays and getting ideas for the sorts of projects they can make their long-term goals. If interested in joining this club, they are still looking for more members and the Maker Faire will be a good opportunity to see what they’re about. If your family (or one you know) has any interest, the faire would be a good chance for them to see the sorts of activities that the Sussex County 4H STEM Club will be doing.
For more information, you can either contact the 4H Office or Ben Jorritsma, the club leader.
October 4H PhotoCorps Challenge:
“Hidden and Visible”
The NJ 4-H PhotoCorps is open to youth in grades 4-13. October’s PhotoCorps theme is “Hidden and Visible.” What is hidden and visible to the eye, to your camera lens? There are many worlds to explore! Through your photography, bring us into the world of the “Hidden and Visible”!
Entries for this theme are open from the beginning to the end of the month. The theme will appear on the family’s Member List page in 4-HOnline. Youth members (grades 4-13) click Register under each month’s theme, answer a few questions about their photo, and then upload it. Download directions here.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
It’s a Red, White & Blue Christmas!
The Newton Holiday Parade will be held on Saturday, November 26th, and we’re inviting Santa, Uncle Sam, and YOU to celebrate a red, white, and blue Christmas! Here’s how you can get involved:
- Become a parade sponsor! Sponsors receive recognition before, during, and after the parade, beginning at only $100! See the sponsorship packages here and send your commitment by November 1st.
- Showcase your group or business in the parade! We welcome participation in a number of ways — your team could walk in the parade, or drive a branded vehicle, or prepare a float in this year’s theme to showcase your creative talents! There is no cost to participate and it’s a lot of fun! Find the participant application here and return it by November 10th.
- Do you own a convertible car? We’d love to have you drive one of our pageant winners or other dignitaries along the parade route! Let us know if you can!
- Volunteer! We need a few helping hands on the day of the parade to help organize the marching groups and more. Let us know if you’re able to assist!
More information about the event is available on their website. Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (973) 300-0433.
NATIONAL 4-H CONFERENCE SET FOR APRIL 2023
TThe 2023 National 4-H Conference will be held April 14 – April 19, 2023 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City. This conference brings together youth and adults to help with strategic planning for the 4- H program nationally. Potential delegates must be in grades 10-12 as of September 2022 and between 15 and 19 years old (as of January 1, 2023). NOTE: For this year we will accept youth in grade 13 who will be no more than 19 years old as of January 1, 2023. New Jersey sends six (6) 4-H members to this conference
Interested 4-H members must complete an application form available from the county 4-H office or online at http://nj4h.rutgers.edu/leadership/nat4hconference/.
All applications are due to the county 4-H office by December 5, 2022.
Group and individual interviews will be held on Saturday, January 7, 2023, in Martin Hall of the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences located at 88 Lipman Drive on the Cook Campus in New Brunswick.
All NJ 4-H Cooking Clubs are invited to participate in the 5th Annual Cup Cake Wars
Saturday, December 3, 2022
11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
4-H Center, 310 Milltown Road, Bridgewater, NJ
There will be teams of 3 youth. Individuals are welcome to register and we will match you with a team. Space is limited to the 1st 12 teams to register.
See the flyer for details and to register for Junior or Senior divisions.
4H Rabbit & Small Animal Project Members
SAVE THE DATE
Sussex County Rabbit & Small Animal Showmanship & Skillathon will be:
Saturday, May 6, 9 am-12 pm
Sunday, May 7, 4 pm – 7 pm
To be held at the Sussex County Fairgrounds.
More information, including a Signup Genius to register for the event, will be sent closer to the event.
Poetry x Hunger: Poetry Call from Middle and High School Youth
Do you want to help eliminate hunger and poverty through the power of your pen? NJ Arts 4-H is introducing Poetry X Hunger. Join in the Poetry X Hunger project promoted by Expressive Arts 4-H of Rutgers Cooperative Extension. If you would like to learn more about the many forms of poetry you can choose from, contact Ellen Williams, Expressive Arts 4-H Agent at email@example.com.
For more information visit https://nj4h.rutgers.edu/comm/poetryxhunger/
Information and Programs For Our 4-H Parents and Leaders
Leaders, Please join us for the fun and celebration at Sussex County 4-H Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
4-H club leaders and other active volunteers are welcome as honored guests. Guests of those being honored are welcome but the cost will be $20 per person.
When: Saturday, November 5, 2022
Where: Stillwater Community Center
Social Hour: 6:00
Dinner: 6:45 p.m.
To help keep costs down, we ask those willing to please bring an appetizer or dessert to share. If you wish to contribute, please use the following link: https://signup.com/go/CyPiegJ
To add to the fun, 4-H volunteers have previously brought a door prize valued at approximately $5-10, and we will continue this tradition. Please bring one door prize for each person to receive one in return.
Due to space limitations, only 100 people may attend. Make your reservations early! The deadline to RSVP is October 31.
To RSVP please use one of the following options:
– Click the link: https://forms.office.com/r/FhYhJdxYTJ
– Email Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Call 973-948-3040 x5
Payment for guests must be received by Wednesday, November 2, 2022, at the 4-H office.
– Checks may be payable to the Sussex County 4-H Foundation.
– or Venmo @TanyaPatrie
Please come join us and don’t miss this night out!
We look forward to seeing you as it is an event to honor you!
Your Annual Rutgers Protection of Minors Training is Due
Leaders, this is a reminder that you must complete your Rutgers Protection of Minors Training annually. This is a requirement before will the office can approve you in the 4-H Online System for the new program year.
Thank you to those that have already completed this requirement for this year.
You may have received an email from the Rutgers Protection of Minors email with the following link: https://pom.ipo.rutgers.edu/.
If not, you can use the link at any time to complete it.
The following are steps to complete this:
1. Click the link. You are taken to the Rutgers Protection of Minors training home page.
2. At the bottom, use the NON-NetID User option to request a PIN login.
2. Once you receive the PIN via email, use the link above again to gain access to the site and enter the training via the PIN Login.
3. Complete the training. There are 4 modules and quizzes you must complete. The last page you will see is:
The process should take less the 30 minutes. Once you get here, you are all done. We will be sent a notice when you complete the training.
If you have any issues please contact the 4-H Office for assistance
– End of Year Paperwork (4-H Club Treasury Annual Review Form, End of Project Year Recognition Certificates and Pins, Project Medal Recommendation Form) is due to the 4-H Office no later than November 1.
– Club members should begin working on their record books now so members are not overwhelmed in completing them in May/June. If you would like a staff person or volunteer to come to your meetings to review ‘How to Properly Complete a Record Book’ please let us know.
NJ 4-H Volunteer Survey
The New Jersey 4H Staff like to ask you to help us continue to Make the Best Better by taking our NJ 4-H Volunteer Survey. Please visit this site to give us feedback on what we can do to help make your volunteer experience a great one. We value your feedback! Take the volunteer survey by October 31 and you can enter to win a gift card to the 4-H mall (https://shop4-h.org/). Two winners will be chosen on October 31 at 4:00 PM.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and add us to your favorites so you do not miss a post.