The Deadline to Re-enroll for This Project Year is December 31, 2022.
4-H Online is OPEN for Reenrollment.
If you run into any issues or have questions, please feel free to contact the 4-H Office for assistance.
2022 4-H HOLIDAY WREATH SALE
The Sussex County 4-H Foundation is pleased to announce the 2022 Holiday Wreath Sale
- Orders must be returned by Friday, November 11th. They can be emailed to Dave or Tanya.
- All orders will be FINAL. NO additional wreaths may be added once your order is placed.
- Wreath pick-up will be Saturday, November 19th at the Sussex County Fairgrounds—parking lot at the Administration Building from 9:30 am to 11 am.
- Assign one individual to pick up the club’s order. Have your full payment ready to be turned in by check. One check for the full amount, made out to the Sussex County 4-H Foundation for each club is preferred.
- Clubs will receive their bonus check from the Foundation at the time of wreath pick up. Your club will receive $1.00 for each 12-inch wreath sold and $5.00 for each 3-foot wreath sold.
- Supplies (cones, wires, and ribbons) will be provided for all decorated wreaths ordered. These will have to be divided among those decorating wreaths for their customers.
For those new to the Wreath Sale, decorated means you receive supplies for decorating the wreaths your customers ordered
- The cost of the wreaths will be:
12-in Plain $18.00
12-in Decorated $20.00
3-ft Plain $70.00
3-ft Decorated $75.00
Wreath Sales materials are available for download at, sussex4h.org/forms
NJ 4-H Discover the Leader in You! Conference
October 29, 2022
Somerset 4-H Center Bridgewater, NJ
4-H members in 6-8th Grade- Are you ready to start your leadership journey?
Youth in grades 6-8 are invited to participate in this introductory leadership conference. You will meet new people, have fun, and develop leadership and personal development skills that can be put to use at home, school, in 4-H, and in your local community!
Registration materials can be found at:
They are due by Oct. 17.
For more information contact Michelle Teitsma email@example.com or Sharon Kinsey firstname.lastname@example.org
Ever wanted to see the world and experience another culture firsthand?
Well, now you can! Sharron Kinsey, Camden County 4-H Agent is thrilled to announce that she will be taking a group of students, grades 9-12, to Costa Rica in Summer 2023, and she wants you to come with her!
Talk about the educational experience of a lifetime! We’ll see famous landmarks, interact with new people and new cultures, and find a little more independence along the way.
Bring yourself and your parents to her Zoom info session on 9/29 at 6:30 PM to learn more about this experience and how you can be a part of it. Your family can register for the meeting here: https://bit.ly/3e0kYyg
October PhotoCorps Challenge:
“Hidden and Visible”
The NJ 4-H PhotoCorps is open to youth in grades 4-13. October’s PhotoCorps theme is “Hidden and Visible.” What is hidden and visible to the eye, to your camera lens? There are many worlds to explore! Through your photography, bring us into the world of the “Hidden and Visible”!
Entries for this theme are open from the beginning to the end of the month.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
All NJ 4-H Cooking Clubs are invited to participate in the 5th Annual Cup Cake Wars
Saturday, December 3, 2022
11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
4-H Center, 310 Milltown Road, Bridgewater, NJ
There will be teams of 3 youth. Individuals are welcome to register and we will match you with a team. Space is limited to the 1st 12 teams to register.
See the flyer for details and to register for Junior or Senior divisions.
State 4-H Horse Event Dates for 2022 and 2023
For more information and registration details on any of these events visit https://nj4h.rutgers.edu/horses/
Model Horse Show: October 22, 2022
Horse Bowl: February 25, 2023
Presentations and Equine Art Show: March 18, 2023
Horse Judging and Hippology: April 1 & 2, 2023
State Horse Show: August 18-20, 2023
Poetry x Hunger: Poetry Call from Middle and High School Youth
Do you want to help eliminate hunger and poverty through the power of your pen? NJ Arts 4-H is introducing Poetry X Hunger. Join in the Poetry X Hunger project promoted by Expressive Arts 4-H of Rutgers Cooperative Extension. If you would like to learn more about the many forms of poetry you can choose from, contact Ellen Williams, Expressive Arts 4-H Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information visit https://nj4h.rutgers.edu/comm/poetryxhunger/
Information and Programs For Our 4-H Parents and Leaders
Your Annual Rutgers Protection of Minors Training is Due
Leaders, this is a reminder that you must complete your Rutgers Protection of Minors Training annually. This is a requirement before will the office can approve you in the 4-H Online System for the new program year.
Thank you to those that have already completed this requirement for this year.
You may have received an email from the Rutgers Protection of Minors email with the following link: https://pom.ipo.rutgers.edu/.
If not, you can use the link at any time to complete it.
The following are steps to complete this:
1. Click the link. You are taken to the Rutgers Protection of Minors training home page.
2. At the bottom, use the NON-NetID User option to request a PIN login.
2. Once you receive the PIN via email, use the link above again to gain access to the site and enter the training via the PIN Login.
3. Complete the training. There are 4 modules and quizzes you must complete. The last page you will see is:
The process should take less the 30 minutes. Once you get here, you are all done. We will be sent a notice when you complete the training.
If you have any issues please contact the 4-H Office for assistance
Leaders, Please join us for the fun and celebration at Sussex County 4-H Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
4-H club leaders and other active volunteers are welcome as honored guests. Adult guests of those being honored are welcome, but the cost will be $20 per person.
When: Saturday, November 4, 2023
Where: Stillwater Community Center
Social Hour: 6:00
Dinner: 6:45 p.m.
Due to space limitations, only 100 people may attend. Make your reservations early! The deadline to RSVP is Monday, October 30. To RSVP please use one of the following options:– Click the link: https://forms.office.com/r/q2yHUGdBcr– Email Tanya at email@example.com– Call 973-948-3040 x5
To help keep costs down, we ask those willing to please bring an appetizer or dessert to share. If you wish to contribute, please use the following link: https://signup.com/go/fdnirtB
To add to the fun, 4-H volunteers have previously brought a door prize valued at approximately $5-10, and we will continue this tradition. Please bring one door prize for each person to receive one in return.
Payment for guests must be received by Wednesday, November 1, 2023, at the 4-H office.
– Checks may be payable to the Sussex County 4-H Foundation.
– or Venmo @TanyaPatrie
Please come join us and don’t miss this night out!
We look forward to seeing you as it is an event to honor you!
– End of Year Paperwork (4-H Club Treasury Annual Review Form, End of Project Year Recognition Certificates and Pins, Project Medal Recommendation Form) is due to the 4-H Office no later than November 1.
– Club members should begin working on their record books now so members are not overwhelmed in completing them in May/June. If you would like a staff person or volunteer to come to your meetings to review ‘How to Properly Complete a Record Book’ please let us know.
Friday, September 30, 2022, 11:00 am – Real Recipes: Stuffed Peppers Different Ways
Sunday, October 2, 2022, 8:00 am – Bee-ginner’s Beekeeping: The Basics of Apiculture (fee) In-Person
Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 1:00 pm – The ABCs of LGBTQ+: Understanding Pronouns (fee)
Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 6:00 pm – What’s the Catch – NJ Seafood and Healthy Living 2022
Bee-ginner’s Beekeeping: The Basics of Apiculture
Online Class – Opens October 2nd & Closes October 31st, 2023
Participants can complete the course content (which will take approximately 14-16 hours) at their own pace anytime during the period the course is open. There is an optional live Q & A session with the instructors during which you can ask questions about the course content.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, bee 🐝 sure to contact Pam Mayer firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and add us to your favorites so you do not miss a post.