4-H Online is OPEN for Reenrollment.
If you run into any issues or have questions, please feel free to contact the 4-H Office for assistance.
If you can not make it or have questions please contact the 4-H office
or Ben Jorristsma @ Benjorritsma@protonmail.com.
Sussex County 4-H has been invited to partner with our Newton Tractor Supply Company store to exhibit, recruit, and fundraise on October 1.
On Saturday, October 1, from 10 am – 4 pm. Newton tractor supply would love to have our 4-H clubs promote their clubs at the store. Clubs are encouraged to exhibit what their club is about (animals welcome), recruit new members, and fundraise for their club. Clubs will just need to bring their own table and chairs. Set up will begin at 9:00 am. They are welcome to set up a pop-up tent and pens for animals (if they choose).
Interested clubs need to sign-up at, https://tsceventpartners.com to reserve a spot.
4-H Walking Art 2022
Join Ocean County 4-H for the 3rd Annual Walking Art Competition! Using a GPS device, you are challenged to walk or geo-catch an image using an app of choice (recommendations include Map My Walk®, Strava®, or Geocaching®). This competition is for any NJ youth, 4-H member or not, and will run from June 24 to September 16. Entries will be featured during National 4-H Week in October.
September PhotoCorps Challenge
September’s theme is “Dreams”: What images does the theme “dreams” bring to you! Dreams during sleep? Dreams for the future? Let your imagination and camera lens inspire us to dream!
Register and submit your photo through 4-HOnline
Registrations will now go through the member’s 4-online account. Each month a new theme will appear on the family’s Member List page in 4-HOnline. Youth members (grades 4-13) click Register under each month’s theme, answer a few questions about their photo and then upload it. Download directions here.
Poetry x Hunger: Poetry Call from Middle and High School Youth
Expressive Arts 4-H is introducing Poetry X Hunger. Join in the Poetry X Hunger project promoted by Expressive Arts 4-H of Rutgers Cooperative Extension. Write poems which inspire your readers to prevent and eradicate hunger and poverty. If you would like to learn more about the many forms of poetry you can choose from, contact Ellen Williams, Expressive Arts 4-H Agent at email@example.com.
Information and Programs For Our 4-H Parents and Leaders
Looking Ahead for our Leaders
– SAVE THE DATE – We will be having our Leader Dinner on November 5 at the Stillwater Community Center. More information to come. If interested in assisting please contact Tanya (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– End of Year Paperwork (4-H Club Treasury Annual Review Form, End of Project Year Recognition Certificates and Pins, Project Medal Recommendation Form) is due to the 4-H Office no later than November 1.
– If your 4H club meets at the fairgrounds, please use the following link to request dates: https://forms.office.com/r/J3Wms4F62U. Thank you to those that have already sent us your dates. September thru December dates have been approved, with the exception of those I have reached out to. Confirmation dates have been emailed to leaders who have submitted requests.
Your Annual Rutgers Protection of Minors Training is Due
Leaders, this is a reminder that you must complete your Rutgers Protection of Minors Training annually. This is a requirement before will the office can approve you in the 4-H Online System for the new program year.
Thank you to those that have already completed this requirement for this year.
You may have received an email from the Rutgers Protection of Minors email with the following link: https://pom.ipo.rutgers.edu/.
If not, you can use the link at any time to complete it.
The following are steps to complete this:
1. Click the link. You are taken to the Rutgers Protection of Minors training home page.
2. At the bottom, use the NON-NetID User option to request a PIN login.
2. Once you receive the PIN via email, use the link above again to gain access to the site and enter the training via the PIN Login.
3. Complete the training. There are 4 modules and quizzes you must complete. The last page you will see is:
The process should take less the 30 minutes. Once you get here, you are all done. We will be sent a notice when you complete the training.
If you have any issues please contact the 4-H Office for assistance
Friday, September 9, 2022, 11:00 am – Real Recipes: Airfryer Arancini
Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 12:00 pm – Homesteading Academy: The Mysteries of Pasture Management: Revealed
Friday, September 16, 2022, 11:00 am – Real Recipes: Meal Planning and Prep
Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 12:30 pm – CORE Basic Pesticide Training Program (Fee) In-Person
Friday, September 23, 2022, 11:00 am – Real Recipes: Overnight Oats
Friday, September 30, 2022, 11:00 am – Real Recipes: Stuffed Peppers Different Ways
Sunday, October 2, 2022, 8:00 am – Bee-ginner’s Beekeeping: The Basics of Apiculture (fee) In-Person
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram